Here you can find some of the essential scientific research and reports on plastic pollution and circular economy – both globally, within Europe and in Denmark. Plastic Change uses these reports in varying degrees as documentation and inspiration.
- IEEP & Mava Foundation: EPR in the EU plastics strategy and circular economy – a focus on plastic packaging (2019).
- Rethink Plastic & Break Free From Plastic: Moving away from single-use – Guide for national decision makers to implement the single-use plastics directive (2019).
- Break Free From Plastic & Heinrich Böll Foundation: Plastic Atlas – Facts and figures about the world of synthetic polymers (2019). The report serves as a reference book that maps out different aspects of plastic pollution through detailed infographics.
- World Economic Forum, Ellen MacArthur Foundation and McKinsey & Company: The New Plastics Economy — Rethinking the future of plastics (2016).
- Ellen MacArthur Foundation: Reuse – Rethinking Packaging (2019).
- World Economic Forum, Ellen MacArthur Foundation and SYSTEMIC: Catalysing Action (2017).
- World Bank: What a Waste 2.0 : A Global Snapshot of Solid Waste Management to 2050 (2018)
- Center for International Environmental Law (CIEL), Earthworks, GAIA, HBBF, IPEN, t.e.j.a.s., University of Exeter, and UPSTREAM: Plastic and Health – The Hidden Costs of a Plastic Planet (2019).
- Zero Waste Europe, GAIA and UPSTREAM: A Declaration of Concern & A Call to Action – Regarding Plastics, Packaging and Human Health (2020).
- Center for International Environmental Law (CIEL), GAIA, Fractracker Alliance, Environmental Integrity Project, 5Gyre, Break Free From Plastic: Plastic and Climate – The Hidden Costs of a Plastic Planet (2019).
- Roland Geyer, Jenna R. Jambeck and Kara Lavender Law: Production, use, and fate of all plastics ever made (2017)
UN & EU:
- Break Free from Plastic and Rethink Plastic alliance report: Reusable solutions: how governments can stop single-use plastic pollution (2019)
- Break Free from Plastic: plastic pellets are the second largest direct source of microplastic pollution to the ocean: Our oceans needs actions, not promises (2020)
- European Environment Agency report: What are European countries doing to tackle plastic waste? (2019)
- EU Environment report: SINGLE-USE PLASTICS – A Roadmap for Sustainability (2018)
- New Economic Foundation for the Rethink Plastic Alliance: The Price is Right… Or is it? The Case for taxing plastic (2018).
- Eunomia & Friends of the Earth: Reducing Household Contributions to Marine Plastic Pollution (2018)
- Eunomia: Plastics in the Marine Environment (2016)
- UN Environmental program (UNEP): Marine Plastic Debris and Microplastics (2016).
- EU Kommissionen: En EU-strategi for plast i en cirkulær økonomi (2018).
- McKinsey & Company, Innovationsfonden (2019) New Plastics Economy A RESEARCH, INNOVATION AND BUSINESS OPPORTUNITY FOR DENMARK.
- Plastic Change report about pellet loss due to lack of waste management in plastic industry (2018): Tackling sources of marine plastic pollution through effective corporate engagement: A Danish case study
- Danish Government: Regeringens Advisory Board for cirkulær økonomi (2017)
- Institute for European Environmental Policy, Friends of the Earth Europe, Zero Waste Europe, Rethink Plastic Alliance og miljøbevægelsen NOAH’s rapport (2018) om plastemballage og madspild: Madspild og plastemballage: Smid væk-plast løser ikke problemet med madspild i Europa.
Scientific research from Journals:
- Plastic litter from shotgun ammunition on Danish coastlines – Amounts and provenance (2018)
- Marine litter plastics and microplastics and their toxic chemicals components: the need for urgent preventive measures (2018)
- The Chinese import ban and its impact on global plastic waste trade (2018)
- Cigarette Filter Ventilation and its Relationship to Increasing Rates of Lung Adenocarcinoma (2017)